View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #95
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Sometimes I get amazed at how much time people have to do things over the internet...

And just remember, Porsche is benchmark. All auto manufactures attempt to beat porsche's cars. As you have your opinion, so does everyone else, I don't understand why you are taking such a strong standing for Nissan. I mean at the end of the day it is just a Nissan.

For example, I have a 04 Cayenne v6. It is the slowest thing I have ever driven. But it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, it sounds great, it handles amazing for a SUV, and it revs beautifully. My point is, when you buy a car you are not or should not just be buying it for performance, that is ludicrous.

I'v driven a GTR, and to me it wasn't very impressive. I didn't like the noise it made, and I didn't like the ride quality. To me, it felt very cheap and not refined enough. Sure it was blistering quick, but I would rather take a car that has heritage, smile-factor, and most importantly character.

A lot of the new cars that are coming out have started loosing character. For example, M cars are now turboed, and some of them have noise enhancing capabilities. AMG, has reverted to all wheel drive. IMO Porsche is one of the only companies that have still kept that heritage and character with their cars.

Lastly, please grow some balls and debate maturely you sound like a baby. You are making Canadian like me look bad...
you say i'm a baby but you cant resist the "its just a nissan" comment. Looks like you are the one that needs to grow up. And yeah porsche is so damn committed to its legacy and heritage that their supposed purist driver's car is now only available with an automatic gearbox and electric powersteering.
Appreciate 0