Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Are you positive it's not just a loose plug? I had the dealer replace an EDC module but it turned out one of the front plugs on the top of the shock was just loose. Do you have lowering springs? It's common for the plugs to easily come loose in the front after a lowering spring install.

If it is a module failure then I would not hesitate to spend the money on a coilover upgrade.
+1 never take what the dealership tells you. Sometimes they don't even know. They just replace parts. Just look at your front plugs and make sure that they are not loose. Happened to me too and it wasthe right hand side plug. I unplugged the wire and plug the wire back on and the warning went away. So try that first, before you start buy all kinds of crap that you really don't need. Unless you are using that as an excuse to upgrade to coil overs, then by all means, go right ahead.
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue,6MT,Silver Novillo Leather,CF Trim,Premium Package,Technology Package,Cold Weather Package,Premium Sound,19"Wheels,Moonroof-Toy/'17 X5M, Long Beach Blue, Executive Package,Technology Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assist, Full Mughello Red Interior, 21" wheels-Toy/'14 535i with M Sport and 19" wheels-Daily
Appreciate 0