View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #155
saamfou
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
I have to agree..these "ahh shucks" threads are nauseating...

but unfortunatly its people in this situation/age group who dont really appreciate the toys like people who worked hard and matured to be in a postion to own an expensive car...I was driving used beaters till I was 25..and got into my first brand new car at 26 on my own..
The whole point of the post was that wrecking this car put into perspective that although this driving this car was an amazing treat for me it also represents real value that was just dissolved in the blink of an eye. If you believe that any accident is to a certain degree avoidable (some more avoidable then others) then that is a god damn shame. If you also notice, another point of the apology was that this accident probably perpetuates the exact generalization you made about M3 owners which a lot of people have to deal with when they cut off by haters on highways because they see an M3 rolling up in their rear-view mirrors and the prejudice kicks in. Shit, this is why I was heading to the canyons in the first place!

I wasn't really looking for the "aww shucks", but it is nice to know that either other people have either been through this or are helping me look forward to my next M3 with some positivity. If they can chime in with some advice or a plan of action, that would be even better.

For example, I actually was already scheduled to go to Fontana next week with NASA, so I knew about those type of things. However, I had no idea there was actually a track in Riverside where I could take my car for $20 and 30 mins to try messing around with some settings. Did you guys also know they are building a Porsche track in Carson or something that will have 4 public tracks in it? That is all great information. Also, I didn't know that BMWCCA does trainings with skidpads etc. Thought I had to go to South Carolina or something for that.

Anyway, you can take away what you want from this thread but there is some value here if you take it the right way. There has been for me at least, so thanks everyone.

P.S. I talked to my insurance company about all this stuff. Nothing compromising here. Thanks for the concern on that subject though.
Appreciate 0