View Single Post
      07-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #43
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi R8, X3M, XC60 R-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737Drvr View Post
Count me part of this "club." Have kept cars as little as 8 months thanks to getting the itch. Does it cost a lot of $$$? Yep, but it's fun trying out different cars and to me the chase of finding a new one is part of the fun. Besides, if you've got the money, do it. You only live once and I've seen too many guys, particularly in my profession, hoard their money only to kick off and not have indulged themselves in a lot of things they wanted. Just my .02.

To the OP, I cannot comment on the S4 but we are about to change from an Audi to BMW. We have a '10 Q5 and with the AWD it's hard to maneuver at slow speeds and its turn radius is horrible. Yesterday, I took my wife to the local BMW dealer and she drove both a 335i and M3. Let's just say that an M3 order will probably be placed tomorrow. She told me after she drove the car that going into the test drive she did not want to like the M3 (because of the extra cost over the 335i). But the way the M3 drove won her over. We both felt the M3's power delivery and the way it drove was much better than the 335i (no offense to 335i owners). She even asked that if we bought the M3 about taking it out to the track so she could use the car to more of its potential. She could tell on the test drive what lied beneath. I told her the car was a wolf in sheep's clothing. She agreed and now we are building her M3 on BMW USA and again will probably order tomorrow. Audi builds a nice car but, to me, their AWD system doesn't have the fun factor of BMW's rear drive cars--especially an M3. Good Luck in decision, we've made ours.
Good Quote 737DRVR.
You only live once and I've seen too many guys, particularly in my profession, hoard their money only to kick off and not have indulged themselves in a lot of things they wanted. Just my .02.

Yea I lost my Dad when I was 19. He saved all his money for a later day and that day never happened. I try to keep enough put a way just in case. But I have blown a lot on cars and have been fortunate that my wife is understanding. We don’t have kids so that always helps.

Last edited by FASTTOYS; 07-17-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Appreciate 0