View Single Post
      10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #157
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
If you load up an M3 up with almost every option available you will be looking at $93-$95K plus car. No matter how you cut it C7 can be had for appx. $15K cheaper.
A fully loaded 2013 convertible MSRP 82k. A fully loaded DCT Lime Rock M3 is around 76k. Nobody paid even close to MSRP (again Peake BMW in New Orleans was offering 9-11k off loaded convertibles in 2011) for these fully optioned cars except the people who pre ordered them.

Quote:
Yes, M3 has daily driveability but so does C7. Only difference is that M3 can hold 4 people in a crunch. Because of that advantage it suffers from way too much weight and is less capable performance machine on track.
Old vs New
New vs New = very similar weight

Quote:
As for the new M3/M4 it will be more expensive then the last one.
Marginally, it's not announced. Most likely it'll be the same but adjusted to a 2% inflation rate over a period of 6-7 years.

Quote:
It has less power then the C7 and will not weigh less then a C7.
Nobody has dyno'd an F30 M3. F10 M5's make 500's and are rated at 560. 1M dyno low 300's and are rated at 340hp. The new F30 is rated at 430, and a new C7 dyno's 400rwhp.

Quote:
As for having low 12 sec. don't get your hopes up too high as that is reserved for M5 and M6.
These cars have run 11's@120+ without launch control.

Quote:
As for laguna race track C7 will come out on top.
It is a two seater sports car with very wide tires..

Quote:
On the side note I have a highly modified E92 M3 on GT simulator game and my lap times for stock C7 are faster then a highly modified M3.

I'm sure you do