View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Question about Catless Exhaust Set Up

Hey all!
Quick question/digging for thoughts--I have turner test pipes (yet to be installed) and a full custom exhaust set up from the primary cats back (no secondary cats, custom x pipe, Aero resonators (replaced oem), and magnaflow mufflers with helmholtz chambers.

My question/idea is, if I put the test pipes on, how much louder could I anticipate it to be than now? Right now, with the helmholtz chambers, drone is virtually non-existent, and the new magnaflow x pipe and new resonators seem to have made the car sound throaty and clean with a twist of exotic in it. I have attached a picture below. If I put the test pipes in, should I just, for the sake of noise level, put resonators where the secondary cats used to be? Right now, the car has zero smell but I know that willl change with the test pipes. Another option would be to put 100 cell catalytic converters in place after the test pipes to maybe help with the smell and both the noise level.

What would you do if you were set up like me? Thanks for any thoughts!

2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0