View Single Post
      01-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #277
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
ok this is going to sound stupid as hell but I really want to see my bicep veins. When I first started I thought that if I just did a lot of curls this would be the answer but I know now this is wrong. It basically comes down to body fat % right?? That's what I think now but it seems that some ppl who are heavily overweight still have theirs sticking out...so im still kinda confused

the thing that pisses me off is that I can put on weight/muscle kinda easily but losing my gut is f'in impossible regardless of how healthy I eat

I'm right there with you on the weight thing. I can just look at a squat rack, and my quads grow a 1/4 inch. After my shoulder rehab I brought my bench back from 11 reps at 225 to 24 reps at 225 in 3 mos, adding almost an inch to my chest. Granted I was just getting back to where I had been, but I gain weight easily - muscle and fat. I believe that body type is called a Mesomorph.

Eating healthy is important with any body type, but a Meso will need a little more cardio to lose the fat. Try to get 30-40 min 5 days/ week, keeping your heart rate up btwn 130-150, depending on age. That's my routine when I need to cut weight (like now) and it works. Problem is I just hate cardio. The other thing about the veins - a lot of it is genetic.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0