09-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************ View Post
If you want to stick with the smaller wheels (18"), then I would stick with stock discs and better performance brake pads. Honestly, going 19" lightweights wheels aren't a bad thing, especially with true-functioning BBKs (like Brembo). I know that the big brake kits are huge and they don't fit your typical 18" or 17" wheel, but your cars have massive amounts of power. Going 1" bigger on your stock 18" isn't going to hurt, and it'll give you a much better braking performance.
thanks James, however I would only consider this if there actually were really lighweight 19" rims (below 20 pounds) and a broader choice of R Compounds in 19", which right now is not the case. In addition to that you have to run the 19s with less sidewall which is also not preferred on the track...