Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Epacy:

I want to hear more of your impressions of the car IRL. I know you said it looked real impressive from the front 3/4 angle...

How did the fender flares strike you? ...too much, too little?

IRL is it strikingly apparent or just barely noticeable that it is bigger & wider than the normal 3 series?

give us more details of the impressions that car left you with!...
I thought the fender flares were just right. That is why I loved the front 3/4 view so much. To look down the car and see the bulging rear arches was heaven. It made the car look hunkered down. Some companies don't do wheel arches correctly. If you notice the the CTS, it has the same type of flares. Not some bulbous creation that looks out of place but a smooth transition outwards that looks tough yet clean.
I love the "dressed-down" look, as I call it. Where the side skirts come all the way down on the car and the rear fender comes down lower as well. It just makes the car look right.
I had a concern that the 335 wouldn't look as agressive as I would like and the M3 definately fits that bill. You know when you look at it that's it's different. It's definately noticeable as it bulges and looks like it has a purpose.
Apart from the car having a great drivetrain, it just looks so good IRL. It's something everyone should experience.
I must say car shows definately help with the interest level.