Thread: AD08 vs PSS
View Single Post
      06-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
m3dude
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 DCT e92 m3, Subaru Legacy

AD08 vs PSS

I know this has been discussed a lot on this forum, but I wanted to get some insight into my specific situation.

I just bought my m3 and it came with pilot sport plus with 255/35 19 in all corners.

I want to switch to either the ad08s or the pss. I am thinking about going with a 255 front 265 rear setup, just to help reduce some of the understeer. I like how the car handles right now, but I need more grip in the rear.

The car is mainly used to do long drives (about 400 miles round trip) once a month or less often, and the rest of the time for fun. I have not participated in a track day yet, but plan on doing at least one or two this summer. So I would say this car is an even 50/50 split between "fun toy" and a more utilitarian tool for getting from point A to B (but in a very fun and enjoyable way).

I don't plan on driving this car much in the winter (never in snow), but I do plan on using it the rain (not aggressively). I am not really bothered with a little more noise in the cabin for more performance, but I do want to make sure my car can handle fairly well in the rain. Life of the tire is also a consideration...
Thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0