View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho281 View Post
Z K, I checked my rear fender liners and there is rubbing where you mentioned yours was rubbing. The rubbing on both the fender lip and liner is very light. Since the tire is not being damaged by this rubbing, I will most likely just keep an eye on it.
It looks like the liner design is different on the E90 and E92. My fender liner sticks out more... or is it the angle of the photo? I get scrape marks on the sidewall of my tire from the rubbing but it is just cosmetic so far. Again, only rubs on track/autocross, no rubbing on the street. I cut the liner a bit for clearance. It rubs less now but still happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
I have zcp wheels with 10mm spacer in the back and I am rubbing when i go on really big dips.. The only reason is because I'm running wider tires (advan ad08). I never rubbed with the ps2's I had stock + 10mm spacers. I have pss's on reserve in stock sizes and they don't run as wide as the ad08's, it may be your camber?
It is definitely tire dependant! I had the same set up with PS2 and it never rubbed. Now it rubs with PSS tires which runs wider and is more square.

I am leaning towards using a 5mm spacer instead of the 10mm. I am ok for now but I can't run any wider tire fitment as it is now and afraid of tearing up my tire from rubbing when on track.