07-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #103
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworms View Post
that's just it, the e92 M3 isn't having trouble with the RS4 from a performance standpoint. the article posted even admits that.

i'm not doubting it was an auto, but do you have evidence to support that it was, aside from the date posted next to the laptime? next year's models typically come out the year before so maybe this was an '06 model? like i said i don't doubt what you said, but for my own good i'd like to see where it states that it was an auto. as far as a base model c6 vette hitting under 8 minutes on the ring, it's probably possible. but so far we just have the auto c6 vette, or the upgraded (z51) vette's barely under 8minutes laptime to go on.
It was a 2005, I can't find the article at the moment but it was an 2005. I just noticed a comment you made earlier that's funny...

"there is another laptime for the z51 packaged c6 vette but it's not a sport auto time so it's about as valid as getting hans stuck to drive the e92 M3 around the nurburgring:
7:59* -- 154.822 km/h -- Chevrolet C6 Z51, company test driver Dave Hill (*mfr.)"

There are 2 things that blow your theory about that not being a valid time.

1) Dave Hill is no Hans Stuck and think Hans would be insulted by the comparison.
2) This is the same Dave Hill who ran the Z06 at a time that is more than 8 seconds slower than the SportAuto time they got when they tested it in 06/07.

Taking #2 into consideration, I would argue that the C6 is capable of a quicker time than 7:59 with a better driver.

Last edited by Carnage; 07-13-2007 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0