View Single Post
      07-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #98
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
If its having trouble with the RS4, just think of what the RS5 is going to do...
that's just it, the e92 M3 isn't having trouble with the RS4 from a performance standpoint. the article posted even admits that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
You might as well throw that original time out the window too since it was done with the automatic that was only in the 05's and replaced because it sucked. Based on current knowledge and it's times at other tracks with the 6-spd man, it's not unreasonable to think it will run it in under 8 minutes.
i'm not doubting it was an auto, but do you have evidence to support that it was, aside from the date posted next to the laptime? next year's models typically come out the year before so maybe this was an '06 model? like i said i don't doubt what you said, but for my own good i'd like to see where it states that it was an auto. as far as a base model c6 vette hitting under 8 minutes on the ring, it's probably possible. but so far we just have the auto c6 vette, or the upgraded (z51) vette's barely under 8minutes laptime to go on.
Appreciate 0