View Single Post
      04-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #57
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737Drvr View Post
Congrats on the Grand Sport. I too dig the exterior on the Vette's--especially the GS, Z06, and ZR1. Put them next to a base car and you just see such a difference. I am having the same debate as you, as I wish the GTR came in a true 6 speed manual. I enjoy rowing my own, so that makes it a difficult decision. I can't deny the performance of the GTR really appeals to me and I can put my little girls booster seats in it. I'm also considering the M3 as it has the 3 pedal option and I like its driving dynamics. Decisions, decisions.

You too will be able to the Italian thing should you want to. They will continue to depreciate (although recently some models have seen a slight uptick in pricing due to summer approaching in many areas) and will come close to the price of a new Z06 in the not too distant future. If you get the chance try one (an F430 or Gallardo). Both are more reliable than you would think and, to me, just an experience to drive. While they're not quite as easy to work on as a Corvette, they're not that bad. I've changed the fluids on my Superleggera myself and it was fairly straight forward. To be honest, these cars are probably on par in performance with regards to the Z06. However, above 100, they hunker down and provide both confidence and excellent acceleration. I've had my SL up to 170 and it felt like I was glued to the ground. They just feel great in triple digits and they like it there. Again, congrats on the GS. I think the Folks at GM hit a home run there and I would guess that is the best selling Corvette model. Cheers.

Thank you for the congrats on the GS. Much appreciated. Nice to hear that you can change your own fluids in your SL...I'm not much of a "wrench" but I can certainly do my own things to some degree (wheels, brakes, fluids, etc.)

I sure hope I can pick one up in the next 5 years or so. Wife and I just got back from Ft. Lauderdale and the place is loaded with Ferrari's and Lambos. Was like a kid in a candy store

The GT-R or the M3....can't really go wrong there. I just like the fact that the GT-R is so unique where the M3 is more pedestrian looking. IMO BMW should start building the Z4M again with their latest bodystyle. Keep us posted on which route you go.
Appreciate 0