View Single Post
      07-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #139
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Not sure if these are directed at me or not but I will reply.

Sure I own an M3. I did not buy the car for fuel efficiency either. That's not to say I don't wish it had waaaay better fuel efficiency (and it could have and that would have made it a better car).

As far as my aftermarket parts go I buy most of them very lightly used. I let some one else take the huge hit and pay the exorbitant "BMW tax". Then I swoop in and get them used. I just won't pay what most vendors want for parts. They are not worth it to me. Sure I can afford it but consider it somewhat wasteful. Looking for good value and low prices is not synonymous with "cheap" or "tight ass".

Either way neither myself nor other posters were really complaining about the price. We don't know that yet. We were more commenting on the manufacturing engineering and hoping that it would be manufactured in the least expensive way possible with those savings passed to potential buyers. Unfortunately it appears it will not be so and this kit will be priced at the top end of the market. All I can say is good luck to Evolve selling them.
It was not directed toward anyone specifically. But still true. No problem looking for used items, its fine, you get good stuff at a reduced price. But for instance, why would one choose a akra or vorsteiner exhaust over ttps and oem exhaust mod? Sound of course, but do u think one performs over the other? did more work go into one over the other? Does one have a bit of exclusiveness to it, ect?

Last edited by Verify; 07-02-2012 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0