View Single Post
      02-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
SignatureJames
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M5 Competition

Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust + Mastermind X Pipe Video + Dyno Numbers

it's been a long while since I updated in this wonderful community.

I initially parted out the car thinking I would be going a different route but fate pulled me back hard into the M community so the modifications had to start again ASAP

This time, I am rebuilding my 2011 M3 as code name "Version 3.0"

Fortunately for me, I never parted out the engine modifcations done by the car c/o the crew @ EAS

Currently on the car: Macht Schnell Stage II Intake, Drop In Filter, Scoops, Pulleys, Mastermind X Pipe (cat deletes w/ secondary resonators), Akrapovic Delete-R and newly added, Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust

Subjective Opinions: I was coming off the a classic combination w/ the Eisenmann Race + Challenge Street Pipe. That was probably one of the best sounding combinations I got to enjoy on the car and at the time, I was just looking for the bling street ride being dumped on 20" LM's + Throaty Eisenmann. Although this could sound sacrilegious, the combination gave a grunt, throaty AMG like sound which I loved a lot but my female roomate aka gf wasn't too thrilled about the drone and garage rumbling when I am leaving and coming home from work. I live in a VERY conservative Irvine neighborhood and those who are familiar with Irvine, CA know the stigma of the community. The price to pay for the safest city in the Nation

Anyhow, after exploring a couple of options, I stumbled upon the Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust as an option. Their website claimed HP, minimal to no drone and distinct Titanium Sound. I was intrigued and hell, I already tried a good 40-60% of the aftermarket exhaust options out there so I pulled the trigger on one through David @ EAS. Delivery was super fast since 1 was in stock so install was instant. I was still adamant on keeping the Mastermind X pipe since it gave me solid gains where I wanted to gain the most, the TQ department.

After 2 weeks of ownership, here are the initial thoughts. GF/ wifey approved, no drone and this is from someone with a cat delete x pipe. Secondary, the hollow titanium sound is there which give my car an exotic tone that was lacking from my domestic V8 eisenmann sound. and last, power gains were very consistent. The peak HP gain on the akrapovic is still there but what I was really ecstatic about was the TQ gains from the Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust. I achieved consistent power, more TQ and a more civil volume all in 1!

Sorry for the long write up but I felt I owed the m3post community an honest review and write up so people won't waste as much money as me on trial and error process of modding

These are previous numbers from my previous Mastermind X Pipe write up:

Dyno Numbers Post Install

Video Clips of Mastermind X Pipe + Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust

1992 Acura NSX / 1998 Acura Integra Type R / 2023 BMW M5 Competition / 2019 Porsche Cayenne S / 2023 Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo

Last edited by SignatureJames; 02-25-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0