captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRocket View Post
I did the SB 3-day MazdaSpeed school at Lime Rock in April. It is a wonderful experience. You learn quite a lot without even knowing, and the instructors were top notch (Dean, Rick, and John).

I chose to do the MazdaSpeed class with the Spec Miatas rather than those old dilapidated Van Diemen FF open wheelers. The Miatas were much more comfortable, and the information I learned was more easily transferable to my driving with the M3. Also, on a not-so-good weather weekend, the Miatas were MUCH faster than those open wheelers.

-Chris
All three of them have been with SBRS for a long time and all three of them are sucessful racers. Rick had a podium finish at theDaytona 24, John has run in a number of series including Nascar Bush North.

You can read the instructor bios here"

http://www.skipbarber.com/instructors.asp

These guys are pros and tend to be a cut above the instuctors you will encounter at PCA and BMWCCA DE events.

Don't short change those open wheelers, the are very reponsive and very good cars to learn in and an excellent way to perfect your car contol skills as they are not very forgiving if you do something wrong. I really enjoy sliding them around on a wet track.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 10-31-2011 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0