View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
nicssk
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonus View Post
Hey all, first post here. I test drove a 128i and 135i over the weekend. Awesome cars. It was my second time test driving actually, the first being in 2008, and at the time, it was well out of my price range so I went with a used WRX instead. I've been wanting that 1 series ever since, and I might actually be able to afford one now

Two downsides I noticed were the position of the seatbelt, and the length of the door relative to my seat position. I'm 5' 7" so I had the seat pretty far forward and my elbows bent. In this position, the seatbelt was way behind the seat and tough to reach. I also noticed that it was a little tricky to get out of the car without opening the door very wide, and with the long door I'd be constantly worried of hitting parked cars and such. Coming from a 4-door, I think it'll take some getting used to. Any other short people with these issues? What have you done about it?

I'm also a little hesitant about owning a RWD car in Massachusetts, and how it'll handle in the winter. Putting snow tires on my WRX turned that thing into a damn snowmobile, and I'm worried I might miss that a bit. How do folks find the 1 in snow (with snow tires)?

The only other big concern is convincing myself to spend the money...
I live in Boston and i drive my 135i in the winter. Throw on a good set of winter tires and you're all set. Never been stuck in the snow either.

Im thinking of parting with my 1 PM me if its any interest to you.
Appreciate 0