View Single Post
      02-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
tommydogsdad
On My Third Drop Top BMW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

As a Real Estate Agent for the past ten years, here are my $.02

GREAT response to the seller's ridicuolus counter! What you did was help the Broker show that this unit is over-priced to begin with. While your first offer still seemed a bit low to me, your second offer was more than fair. If the seller is so confident he can get $15k for the storage bin, then he shall have to prove it. If the seller doesn't accept your offer , I would continue to look elsewhere. You should find an agent who can help you in your search. Since the current agent you're "working" with was so generous in reducing his commission, I would consider working with him.

The advice I always give to my home buyers is this. Take a good look at 10-15 homes and rank them (I have a criteria sheet that I have my buyers complete.) Your highest ranked house is the one you should make the offer on, and offer full price, less .25-.50% IF the market will allow it (if AND ONLY IF it is a balanced market). If it is still a seller's market, you should offer the list price or higher. What's my reasoning for this? In the end, what is $10,000 tacked on to a $1,000,000 mortgage? Nothing. $10,000 is insignificant to a buyer, but it could mean everything to a seller.