View Single Post
      12-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #60
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
+1. Just finished watching. The apple part was one of my favorites as well. Absolutely classic AMG vs M. It is odd though given how much we have all read about the incredible improvements to the AMGs steering and handling that these guys ragged it so badly. I am not suprised much by the M3 having the most precise steering. As far as I can tell not having driven it, it has a bit of a new feel and a bit more boost as well probably more isolation of NVH and a much tighter ratio. However, steering boost, steering precision, steering feel and steering ratio are absolutely not synonymous. Folks are simply accepting the change for what it is and what it delivers.

A very nice and convincing victory for the M3. DCT will widen the margin as well and narrow it on straight line contests vs. the AMG.

This one is for you ruff, since I am such a "terrible BMW fanboy".

P.S. You need xvid codec for the avi with WMP.
I dont get why everyone wants the DCT or SMG transmission.. It makes driving boring and takes away from the man machine experience. NO your not a BMW fanboy a real BMW fan boy would shun anything other than a 6 speed transmission.

Trust me having paddles at first is a ton of fun but you lose a lot of the driving experience. After 2 years of ownership you will wish you got the 6 speed, I know I did. Then on the 3rd year you get troubles of the system, my SMG system crap out and needed service every 4-6 months after the 2 1/2 year.
Appreciate 0