Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bliss View Post
This was the biggest and most unexpected suprise for me. In the Murcielago you could expect a delay of at least a second before it would upshift. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but the tour guys said that was the way it shifted. The 640, which had more modern technology, was faster but by no means swift or crisp. The F1 in the 599 was pretty fast and much smoother but the auto mode in the SLR was really pokey and I just put it in manual and left it there. Truth is the MDCT was a hell of a lot faster shifting than any of these prima donnas. To be fair, I know the F1 is a single clutch and i believe the e-gear in the two Lambo's are the same.
Still they were a blast to drive and inhaled asphalt ribbons at an insane pace.
Have to agree with you on the MDCT. I've driven Porsche's, Corvettes, CTS-V, Audis, and they all have good auto transmissions, but the MDCT is near perfection when I drove it (2010 model, my 2011 should be here next week while im out of town no doubt). When I walked away from my test drive, I called my old man (whos 70, im 37) and told him that this was the finest transmission I had ever driven. The Audi S4 duel clutch is not too far off, but the MDCT blew me away. Can't wait till mine comes in and I can play with it more. These other bozo's with 4 times the price should take a close look at the MDCT, based on your experience it makes them look like chumps.
Appreciate 0