03-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Yeah I saw Leh's time in that other thread. Which is why I've been watching my video religiously thinking, where am I going to find 7 secs?

Let out a little bit more air plus a smooth line through Oak Tree in order to go up the back straight faster. Brake later going into 14. Go up the Climbing Esses faster, and be more aggressive at South Bend. I'm definitely thinking like a Killer Bee... LOL I might have to get track insurance next time. I kid....
I tell ya this from my experiences.

Who cares about time I did all last year and it took all the fun out of going to the track. I had blinders on from the morning of the track day until it was over the next day or following days later. I hit the goal I wanted 57s...

After that what next...55s 56s?

I guess me rambling I am trying to say enjoy the company around you at the track instead of the "times" on the track. That is what I miss most, the people like Doc/Dave/Ashley who you see on regular basis and get to become good friends with.

A time is a time. Guess what, it ain't worth going off in the esses at 145+ like I have unless you are getting paid.
Appreciate 0