View Single Post
      07-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau

You said it perfectly

I too fell in love threw an e36 and I was young at the time as well. My e46 was in the shop for a few weeks and just getting it back was like falling in love all over. The v8 and the dct of the e9x is no doubt the best attribute of the model. I did actually notice how well the e46 seemed to be layer out the other day funny you said that! The only point I was trying to get across really was that the m3 and m5 should distance themselves from each other a little. I can appreciate every M model for it's strong points. Constructive criticism was my intention. Obviousy the e9x is epic in it's own. But I feel the e46 does it in a more exciting way for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
In my family, there is 6 boys. 4 of us have M3's currently. #5 is on the way

2 98 E36's 5 speeds. Not mine, but those things were epic at the time. I was just a youngin back than, and to me that thing was like a super car with the vaders. The obsession started.

4 E46 M3's, 3 6mts 02, 02, 05, and now currently a comp package 05 smg belongs to one of the other brothers. Special special car. One of my all time favorites. Classic design, has aged so well and and just a sexy car. That thing was an absolute blast and I feel like I've been around that car forever. never owned one, but know all about it and and what its about. Since December 2001 till now.

3 E9x M3's currently belong to me and 2 of the others. You have to realize BMW is not stupid. They know what their doing. I'm just in denial that this is the last "real M3" but I'm sure the next gen will out do it. However I am content with that. I have a E90 DCT with all the nuts and bolts... and I really don't think it could get better in terms of how it performs in pretty much stock form now. The DCT is on another level. Even my brothers with 13 plus years of driving M3's with manuals say this tranny is special. The sound of the V8 is epic, absolutely epic. The ONE BIG COMPLAINT i have with this current gen M3 is the layout of the inside. The cupholders are an Epic fail, I feel like the e46 layout was much much better, and the seats of the E46 are much more "fatty" friendly.
oki
So in a nut shell I see where your coming from, but the E9x is far superior in every aspect. Not saying the E46 is a slouch because it certainly is not, their just two very different cars, with the same heritage. And the next generation will more than likely blow all of these previous ones out of the water. Thats just how the cookie cumbles
Appreciate 0