10-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #112
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Its about as constructive as a bunch of NON-car people, talking about cars before doing any research, make assertions and comments that are just plain naive. I think the reason is that people are just padding threads, not adding facts, numbers, or constructive ideas. It's a lot of fluff, not a lot of relevance.

See below...

Erio, here it is in a nutshell; the Skyline GT-R from about 10 years ago was capable of similar performance. If you are well versed you'd know that about 10 years ago some special edition R34- GTRs were running sub 4 seconds 0-60, without all the technology, tires that the current GT-R has.

Don't bring up a civic, bring up an EVO or a GTR, cars with production level highly tuned cars like the Evo FQ400 or the Z-Tuned Skyline GTR, don't sit here and bullshit me with a honda civic. You want to have an educated debate, bring the facts...

On every other forum, threads like this would get crushed with people who actually race, actually tune their own cars, or get their hands dirty (not via the keyboard). I don't get the feeling that you have any real hands on experience or history with modified cars...
You are sadly misinformed and have no clue what kind of cars I have had or currently have other than those listed in my profile. I'm not getting "crushed" by anyone, esp. you and your snide comments. Why in do you keep bringing up the r34? Are you serious? As I said before my comment was in relation to your statement about a tuned Mustang and Evo, using a civic as an exaggerated example to get my point across. My response to your thread had nothing to do with previous skyline cars. However, you also have erroneous information about the R34. It may not have had the same degree of technology as the R35, it still had an ATTESA AWD system, multifunction display, etc. Even the v-spec did not have sub 4 sec. 0-60 stock. I don't know where you get your numbers from, but I will post some facts for you below. The Z tune r34 you are referring to was part of a limited run of 20 cars that cost about 180k and of course was also not available in the states. Anybody can look that up.

http://www.jbskyline.net/r34/gtr/specs/

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...-r-z-tune.html

Last edited by erio; 10-19-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0