View Single Post
      05-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
I've Seen It, I've Seen It, I've Touched It!!!

I went to the European PGA at Wentworth in England today - sponsored by BMW. Had a wander round the BMW sponsored tented village looking at BMW cars and asked a friendly BMW lady if the new M3 would look anything like the BMW British Touring Race Car they had there..... she looked at me, smiled and said "actually, we have the new M3 here under lock and key... would you like to see it....:rocks:

I said no thanks i'm waiting til I take delivery.....

I joke... I said yes PLEASE! I explained I had a deposit on one and she smiled more

I then followed her into the BMW lounge, through to a room which was unlocked. Lights were off in the room. Room black walls and floor, but there in all its classy yet subtle aggression stood a white E92 M3. The room was quite small but I stood in front of the car and it's aggressive wide front really stood out. The front wheer arches make it look quite wide. The bulge not that obvious. The front air scoops give the car such a mean purposeful look. I then gradually wandered around the car - taking in as much detail as I could - from the side working round, the aggression is so subtle and classy at the same time. The clear turn indicator strip with M3 on, the skirts below the doors. The rear looks cool and the lip on the boot a tell tale sign of madness. The four pipe chrome alloys - tastefully indicating a car ready for some fun. The roof - a work of art. The wing mirrors an engineering masterpiece. 19" alloy wheels - good but not as nice as 18's in my opinion.

I then opened the drivers door and sat inside. Bluey grey leather seats welcomed me. Same leather had been applied to doors (looked a bit tacky for my liking). Fake carbon look leather finish. Seats very comfortable. Could not adjust anything as key firmly in BMW's hand....

Looking around cockpit, all instruments, pedals, gear lever, steering wheel just finely balanced between basic benefit to tell driver what he needs to know and class of build quality. Quite a few buttons and steering wheel - which felt magic BTW. Three buttons down by gear lever to. SatNAV screen nicely tucked away but not turned on. Dials for air con and stuff felt really good - not plastic crap. The centre concole runs from front to back and the rear seats comfy too!

They then let me open up the bonnet! Not much to see really apart from words M3V8 and black plastic everywhere. What did strike me was how small the engine compartment looked. When the bonnet was shut, it was clear how light it was - it flexed as it shut.

I wandered around the car again marvelling at its proportions and really can only describe as -

Aggressive but classy

This is some piece of kit - worth waiting for for sure.

I am going back Sunday to have another look to examine the things I should have!

Note: no photo's allowed - sorry.
Appreciate 0