08-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Nope, not yet. I've even been slacking on getting my tint done..lol. I think I had to cancel two appts over at Rocky Mountain. Just been so busy with training, work and family. Just saw the post on 8/18. I would love to meet up by there at GG. I'm familiar with that area since I just raced in the SF Marathon and the course runs right by there on the way up to the bridge.

I'm leaving for Maui tomorrow, so I'll give you a buzz when I get back for a drive,etc.
The 8/18 I'm going on is not the GG drive but this. Check out the pics on the bottom from there May meet.

Bay Area / Sacramento Meet and Drive Aug 18th

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728335

My favorite island. We went to our honeymoon there. Have a great time in Maui. Buzz me when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
FYI regarding your tint (apologize in advance for the off-topic). I've used Rocky Mountain in the past. He does great work. However, when I asked him how he addresses the dot matrix on an M3, he said he uses vinyl. Not sure if you're aware of that or if you even care. I chose not to go that route as I want a cleaner (vinyl-free) look. I will probably go with Premier for my tint.
RM did my E90 in October, he didn't use any vinyle. Premier is great, be prepared to pay double to triple the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Interesting..thanks for the heads up. I would like to see the difference and how much cleaner going with the vinyl-free look is.

I did talk to Rocky Mountain about the infamous E90's issue with the scratched tint(when rolling windows up/down) and he said he cuts off the plastic tabs to prevent this from occurring.
No issues with mine.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0