#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
Thank's Mom, I'll have to remember that the next time I open my mouth. But... while we're bickering, here's why I'm right and you are not:

There are several sports car clubs that won't let your run HRE wheels in their events because they can bend from the extreme cornering (PCA in particular). Some of the HRE wheels also vibrate when it rains because they pick up water and hold it in the wheels, throwing off the balance. Comparatively, their weights are heavier than wheels that are truly forged - which HRE are not.

HREs are build in the same factory, on the same production line, and by the same people that made this Fiske wheel. So, enjoy getting bent over by bullshit marketing for wheels that look really good but are not superior in quality by any means. Have a nice day, sunshine.

Hey sunshine..yeah, about what you said:
1- I have checked PCA rules and there is nothing mentionned about this. Please direct me to the rules in question.
2- They HAVE been reported to break, and I was aware of that, but as of recently, I have heard no stories of this, and would appreciate if you can direct me to a recent occurence. All I have heard is that they are bend, like any other wheel, when hitting curbs at high speed. What a surprise.
3- Vibration when it rains...never heard of this but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
4- All their wheels are now forged. Don't believe me, visit their site or ask people... Also, for the wheels I am interested in (either monoblocks or competition series), they are fully forged and weigh the same if not less than any other 19'' wheel I know of, except for CF dymags and the like.
5- As for the factory. I know nothing of this, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt again.

Lastly, I would just like to point out that people move up in the world. Yes, there is no doubt that they WERE not so great, but you must surely believe in evolution. Now they are a company that is just as good, if not better, than any other wheel company, and their quality is excellent.

Sorry about my initial comment, yes, it was too abrupt.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0