02-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - '72 2002 - '65 Impala

Garage List
should I jump in?

yesterday I hit up a private lot in LA that had a very nice e46 M3. the car is a 2004 with high mileage. its Silver Gray with black leather. 19"s, manual seats, non-navi, sun roof, 6MT, sport button, pre wired: phone 6 disk and somethin else. zenons LED (standard on '03.5+?)

I drove the car, It pulled hard and the sport button worked perfectly I heard no unusual noises. the oil looked really clean. no leaks, brakes were very meaty, tires brand new. the clutch did not slip at all and it felt strong.

heres the issue, the car has 70k on it and I'm a little nervous about reliability. this is going to be a DD for going back to school. I'm going to be making a lot less money so I don't want to be spending it on replacing parts.

keep in mind my labor is pretty much free bbecause my dad has a little mechanic shop. only thing I'd have to pay for is the actual parts.
I have a deposite on the car and it's pretty much a done deal unless I decide to back out. so if you guys could either talk me in to it or out of it that'd be great.