MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Depends on the reviewer.

Chris Harris, who owned an e92 M3 for a while, recently said that the e46 M3 is the greatest car of all time
Cool vid, thanks for sharing. I still think a lot of this, and the opinions shared in the video, are nostalgic nonsense. Granted it sounds like Chris Harris has access to the CSL, which I highly doubt the OP is considering, but that could change the discussion.

My point is that if you could erase people's memory, eliminate the sentimental or collect-ability (especially for the E30 M3) factor, and showed all 4 generations of the M3 to 10,000 car enthousiests, just let them drive them for a week, on and off track, I think 9,000+ would pick the E90. It has the most power, greatest straight line performance, phas the highest revving, best sound engine. In terms of Chassis, the e90 has it for me there, as well. The suspension and chassis stiffness allow for the highest grip levels of all M cars, and the car is phenomenally balanced and condfidence inspiring. The steering is different, but it is incredibly accurate and the steering wheel feels the best in your hands (obviously subjective).

I don't want a DCT, not because its less challenging on the track (I can use any help I can get), but because I enjoy rowing the gears around town and the weight savings. I think the transmission concerns in the video are fundamentally different than steering feel, electronic gizmo arguments.