View Single Post
      06-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #17
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
its simply not worth the price, when after market or even modding OEM exhaust cost so much less, and give better/same sound. without impacting warrnety non the less.

Its still a really nice system though.
I disagree. Firstly, you can buy the M Performance for far less than MRSP. Secondly, if you look at similarly constructed products, the MPE is actually very reasonably priced. Eisenmann's Inconel system is $7000 by comparison.

I don't know too many people who installed the MPE and were not happy with the result. On the contrary, there are plenty of people who installed something else and didn't like the result, especially to live with on a daily basis, not just when revving your motor at car meets.

According to some sources, there is a slight hp gain, just nothing worth really advertising.

It is an OEM option that has paperwork ensuring compliance with federal regulations so you can not be hassled by police or inspection stations, if that is a concern.

In my experience, when there is a proper high-end factory option for mods, this usually yields the best result for a street driven vehicle. Building a track beast or a show queen is a different matter.