View Single Post
      10-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

I wanted to follow up on this thread with a write-up regarding the clear bra I had installed by Robert Collier @ Detailed Autos in College Station. First, let me say that I am EXTREMELY impressed and I would recommend him to anyone.

Before I even took delivery of the car, I spoke with Robert several times about what would work best for me. He recommended a new product called ClearShield, which he now uses almost exclusively, having switched from Venture Shield. He offers a number of protection packages, and I decided on the front bumper, headlights, partial hood, mirrors, and behind the rear wheels. Throughout this process, Robert took his time explaining everything in a very low pressure and informative manner. He promised that if I didn't like the ClearShield, he would take it off and redo it in Venture Shield.

The arrangement was that my dealer would ferry the car over to Robert and pick it up when he was done. It all went smoothly. Robert gave the dealer explicit instructions not to wash the car. When he got it, he fully washedand clay barred the car before installing the clear bra, and waxed it afterward. When he installed the clear bra, Robert full wrapped all the edges of the film underneath the hood. This is much more time consuming and difficult, but gives you complete protection and doesn't leave visible edges.

When I took delivery, the IB paint absolutely POPPED. The car's exterior was stunningly detailed. Even better, I could barely see the clear bra. So much better than the Stonegaurd/Expel clear bra I had on my E46. The installation was completely perfect.

Having had the pleasure of getting to know him, Robert is a genuinely great guy. I've never been one for writing reviews, but I was so impressed in this case that I wanted to get the word out.

Last edited by TLud; 10-23-2008 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0