View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #62
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
KW Sleeve kit preserves travel by supplying shorter bump stops. The dinan kit provides shaved guide supports as well as shortened bump stops so I would think the dinan kit should have more travel. You could shave down your guide supports and use them with the KW sleeve kit but I don't think its necessary.

IMO the Dinan kit is not worth it since the drop is not really noticeable, about the same height as a stock ZCP.

Like you, I wanted an OEM ride, just lower so I ended up going with the Ohlins R&T coilovers which go for around $2950 but are a great value whereas IMO the KW sleeve and dinan kits are way overpriced.
that doesn't really help anything.

the KW kit will ride IDENTICALLY to any other spring only kit, outside of dinan. dinan rides better because the drop is extremely small (half that of eibach) and the guide supports

KW sleeve over kit is basically a cheap way to slam your car and that's it. other than being able to lower the hell out of the car, it has no benefit over any other spring kit, and is deficient to dinan.

I do agree that ohlins is a far superior setup to any of these kits. the DFV shocks are the key. they handle bumps and transitions with a precision the other kits and even OEM bmw shocks could only dream of
Appreciate 0