View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

My car with the Eibachs and the E36 M3 bump stops rode pretty well most of the time, but was pretty upset by mid corner bumps. My Dinan Stage 1 does not do that.

Some AutoXers have noted that with the Dinan suspension, the increased travel can cause rubs between the tire and the top of the fender well. In speaking with Steve D, he indicated that shaving the guide support anymore would exacerbate that and felt like they had achieved as much shaving as they wanted. You still won't have as much travel as the Dinan suspension since your car is so much more. (my dinan stage 2 is 2 fingers of wheel gap in the front, barely lower than the stock ZCP)

Also, you didn't increase the travel in the rear at all (which is actually really easy, Dinan sells an EDC kit for $100 that does it, but I bet it's just again, shaved stock bits)

The ZCP uses a different rear spring than the normal cars to attain the lowering in the rear. Interesting about the spring pad, can you post the part number? I'd like to cross reference it. (although my car is low enough in the rear, visually I'd like a touch more in the front)
Appreciate 0