View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

1m vs m3 (not in a race, but in pricing and other areas)

there is a 335 mile used 1m in valencia orange on the lot near me. I called and asked why its used already with only 335 miles and they said "customer who bought it buys many cars a year from us and just wanted to try it out, he has moved on to a new vehicle"

i then asked what they were looking for on the car and they stated "$69,500 - it is an extremely rare vehicle and we are $15k over sticker which is reasonable given the low mileage and brief use"

I understand those who had to be put on a waiting list for one paying over msrp - does anyone else think this is a... lofty goal to say the least in their pricing? My thoughts were if it was as desired as they say it would have sold within 24 hours of posting. My gut feeling is they will sit on this car a while.

as far as amenities - it does offer all the same interior stuff as our m3... has the bmw apps feature for my iphone... has premium sound, all options basically. I just feel like for all the same things why would one go with the 1m over the m3? size factor? like driving a go kart as opposed to a car? is it the exclusivity that comes with the 1m ownership?

i dunno... someone give me some feedback what they feel an advantage to the 1m would be and also what they think of that price.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0