persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
in the cold PSS are fine.

i started my after-lunch session at 28/29 psi and they only got up to 36psi max. tire pressure wasn't the issue. the tires actually turned very greasy from the heat of the track after a few laps. and with over 600 HP, I was spinning the rear wheels all the time. When you do that ABS and DSC turn themselves off. my dash and NAV actually were lit up like christmas. it was surreal. Lesson learned - don't track with PSS (or any 300 tread wear tire for that matter) when temps are hot.

i did a 1:38.1 lap when it was 80+ degrees out before lunch...but when i went out after lunch it was 97 degrees and the track temp neared 150 degrees, i should not have gone out there with street tires. I couldn't break 1:50 as I was sliding everywhere.

A prius with R-compounds could have been faster than me.
Well yes, PSS are not track tires. I didn't know you had that much power... You need RS3s at the minimum man, if not TDs! PSS are great for a DD tire, but not to track with 600hp on a hot day!

I didn't know you had that much power. damn. that much be killer at big willow for T8 and the straight.

I always run my RS3s ~36-38 hot. usually drop the driver side about 2-3 psi lower (so like 26-28 cold depending on the temps that day) than the passenger side due to T8. I miss big willow....

Depending on my mood, I turn DSC off, so I wouldn't know about those lights going off. I can't imagine having 600hp and not making DSC go crazy lol.

ABS only gave me an issue at ACS after I had installed my Stoptech Trophy BBK with Endless MX20 pads. I wasn't used to the bite and kept causing ABS to kick in. took me a little bit to get used to it. I miss those pads... they were loud, but they stopped so well.

My fastest time in my e93 was only 1:36. All my friends who were around mid to high 30s are all now in the low 30s. I have fallen behind :/

I did a 1:51 in a friend's stock 528i with runflats! lol. that was one extremely comfortable track day
Appreciate 0