View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #73
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
That's the part that you are missing. You USED to have one.

I drive a modded 335i now and NEVER EVER even remotely considered an Sti or Evo. You are talking about two completely different demographics man.

As far as beating an M3 here there and everywhere...keep dreaming. On top of that, if I wanted a dedicated drag/track car, I'd shell out $40K and get an '06Z06 with long tube headers,etc. and work virtually everything under the sun...and would totally obliterate a modded Sti or Evo.At the end of the day, the Sti and Evo are nice performing cars but not even remotely close to being considered in the same sentence as an M3 or 911 in terms of total package (performance, build quality, fit and finish, luxury, creature comforts,etc) It's really that simple.

Simple scenario/question - you can now afford an M3 or Porsche 911.....you are going to sit there and tell me you'd buy an STi or Evo and THINK you have a comparable car to either of those (M3 or 911)? That's rich
Wow. Just Wow.
Couldn't expect anything less than these comments from a "Modified 335i owner" I never knew how much junk 335i owners added to this forum, 335i vs. M3, modded 335i vs. M3, blah blah blah.

Ever been to a track day, have you ever seen a 400whp EVO or STI go around a track? Oops I took the bait, let's do something completely idiotic by comparing an EVO/STI and continuing pointless banter. When EVERYONE agrees the M3 is a great car, in a class of cars that is often considered the benchmark for the performance car market.

Part of being an enthusiast is being able to appreciate other cars for their positives, if you can't appreciate the performance package that an EVO or STI is without feeling that your holy grail the M3 being threatened, well you've got to seriously re-think your choice of a hobby.
Appreciate 0