Thread: E92 versus E92
View Single Post
      03-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #16
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

I understand it can be hard to look at this subject objectively. Myself included in the mix because there are individuals who are just PURE M enthusiasts and the alphabet seems to end at the letter M. Thats fine but at the same time one shouldnt be blinded by pure faith alone. I am not comparing the 335i to the new m3, there will be a world of difference between the two. But the e46 and the e92, the e92 poses a challenge to the extinct e46. Its those owners who cry louder than any when this discussion comes up. The last gen m3 probably still has the e92, but i think at no other juncture has a "reg" 3 given M owners so much to think about.
I just want to look at it objectively, M3 is a hot car in no way am I trying to start another E92 335 vs E92 M3 thread. Ill probably be getting one in a couple yrs.
THe only reason I state the above is that Ive noticed while driving that the e92 gets more attention from e46 M drivers on the road than other bmw drivers. Ive been tailed by atleast two M's trying to see what the hype is all about. I think the line isnt as clearly defined as it used to be.
Appreciate 0