///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
I have washed mine with a power washer numerous times. The condensation (smoke) is fine. My belt was really squeaky one time because it was wet, it went away after a few minutes. That is just the water evaporating into the air due to the engine heat. The engine is constantly in the enviroments, using a pressure washer on it is fine.

Here are some tips for you:

*Engine cool

*Cover the fuse box (if you feel its necessary) I don't

*Cover the intake (I just avoid it) A little water can get in there because there is a drain at the bottom before the intake portion.

*Spray the crap out of her! I spray everywhere!!!! You can spray a cleaner on prior to it for assistants.

*Let the car sit for 10 minutes or so after spraying to dry some of the water with the remaining engine heat.

*Let the engine run (idle) for 10 minutes or so to dry off the reamining water.

*I drive her very calm for a few hours to just make sure everything is gone.

This should get you cleaned up.
Yup....I do the same thing....I've found that P21s Total Autowash and a boars hair brush does wonders...I make sure the car is pretty cooled off...we're not allowed to wash our cars in the driveways here in Germany so I've gotta take it to a "pay and spray" where the attendants let me bucket wash the car....fortuantely the car wash is only a 3 minute drive from the house...but I still do the engine completly last to let it cool and spray all I need to rinse off all the P21s.