12-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Helper spring is only used to prevent the main spring from unseating at full droop. Length of helper springs needs to be long enough to keep the main springs seated when the suspension is at full droop.

Tender spring is used to help "push" the main spring down as the suspension starts to droop/extend (i.e., keeps the main spring "preloaded") as well as soften the effective spring rate if it is not fully compressed (two springs in series). Length and rate of tender springs are important.

I use helper springs on the front struts, and no helper or tender springs on the rear height adjusters.
M3SQRD, thanks for all your advice. You are truly a suspension guru. Never seen anyone test so many kits. I think I want your exact set up with 500f/800r rates. Can you tell me all the parts you ordered to complete your set? And do you think I need camber plates if its mostly a street car?
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0