Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeek View Post
Too bad the pic doesn't work for me. Either way, the s2k is not marketed to women, it responds extremely well to a turbo, isn't grossly overpriced, I don't think I've ever seen a woman driving one, and revs to 9k or 10k if tuned properly. Not to mention holds it's own at track meets against z06's and gt-r's.

Personal opinion along with a few facts.
There, better?

You prior post had no mention of performance though, all you mentioned were how soft it looks and how feminine but the S2000 looks more feminine with it's small frame just like the Miata. Put it next to the Z4 (current or past) and ask which car is more feminine and I bet you 9 out of 10 will pick the S2000/Miata.

And not overpriced? The car cost $34k iirc for a specialty car. The BRZ/FRS cost $25k today and it'll give it a run for it's money. I'd honestly take a 370Z over it any day for that price.

I don't even know why tuning is mentioned, is it really so much more masculine because the car is tunable?

And to be honest, I swear that this is no lie, the last 2 S2000 I've seen driven are by women. The Z4 E89, I rarely see it, I've seen maybe 2-3 in the past year and only one was driven by a woman. Now these experiences are no way a valid way to say what percentage of women drives these cars though.