03-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
+1 That's the one thing I wish the Technocraft Chargepipe had also...Any way you can make it happen, Eric?? I've seen people's pieces awfully loose and, to me, that's a cause for concern. I'm sure dust/dirt particles and pine needles getting sucked into the engine wouldn't be very good. Yes, that's how loose the piece was. Can someone help me understand how important an air tight seal is or isn't?
It's very important that close to the intake manifold. The manifold is optimised and tuned in conjunction with other engine characteristics such as intake valve timing, all under the presence of an air tight system. Although a leak won't greatly affect flow capacity (unless it is huge), it can change the air pressure characteristics more significantly, which could detrimentally affect performance. It will also generate heat and cause turbulence, because air escaping through the leak does so at high pressure (think of a small leak in a garden hose)

I have to really say the most important thing Tecnocraft can do is address the fitment issues of the pipe. Unfortunately I bought this piece quite some time ago when it was fairly new to the market and was not aware of the fitment requirements - I wouldn't have purchased the product if I had been aware of the fitment.

Last edited by mixja; 03-25-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0