12-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #46
jojogoya88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
I assume you didn't miss the first post, where he drove into a flood. From the initial post, it sounds as if the car was essentially trouble-free until it's trip into a pond.

None of the repairs were warranty-related, but flood damage-related, thus, BMW-NA is not responsible. BMW can take action against the dealer for failing to uphold their maintenance stds. (unlikely), but legally, they are not responsible, in any way. Dealers are independent franchises, and his issue is with the dealer, but you're right that it sounds like it is time to involve expert counsel, who will aim at the correct target.

As other have said, that noise coming from the engine in the video you posted is just not normal. It does sound like engine internals were damaged, likely as a result of water ingestion. On the other hand, oil all over the engine compartment has also happened to many others because a dealer failed to properly seat the oil fill cap.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but lemon laws do not apply to cars as a result of accident damage.
Oil Fill cap was on correctly, im positive of it. The mechanic showed me that it had to be something that broke/popped, thus leaking oil everywhere.