03-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #98
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The main reason of the LC2i with the EPS system OEM amp is its capacity to withstand 40V peaks at its inputs. Your OEM amp woofer outputs are capable of peaks in the 30V range.

This is what could happen with a passive LOC in the long term even when it is custom-build to withstand 30V:

I retired that LOC more than a year ago and moved to the LC2i just for this particualr reason.

My suggestion is:

- set AccuBASS gain to minimum
- set AccuBASS threashold to fully clockwise

That should give you "normal" bass. I do not like any of the Audiocontrol bass manipulation circuits (Epicenter and now AccuBASS) because they do not serve any purpose in our BMW. Actually, they cause problems like the one you are experiencing. And after doing this adjustment you will notice why: the AccuBASS seems to be adjusting itself after time, getting to the point of attenuating all the bass. This is quite difficult to find out under testing as I do not test devices for days, less so for weeks to catch up crap like this.

By setting the threashold to max -according to Audiocontrol- the bass level is "locked" and no AccuBASS effect is applied. Quite confusing but that's Audiocontrol.

Unfortunately for me, the AccuBASS threshold was already at full clockwise and the AccuBASS gain was already at full counterclockwise.

What about my mention of the signals coming from the OEM in the first place? If the signals being sent to the OEM subs are already being filtered by the iDrive either via the Bass setting or the EQ, do we need to compensate somehow when adjusting the settings on the amp for the aftermarket sub?

Is there a higher end unit than the LC2i even if it's made by another company?

On the LC2i, I am currently using the Main Output for the RCAs since the sound increased when I swapped between using the Bass Output and the Main Output. Is this what you suggest?
Appreciate 0