04-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #66
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I hope that works out, never happens for me.
Figure 8s, then straight home would be my method.

Jason@Renn-Spec just called me today with great news. My Advans arrived today!!!!!!!!! 1 month early!!!!! Hopefully get out the track ASAP.
CONGRATS!! That NEVER happens.
I also could not expect to go out on a track and then just drive straight off and home where I live. Beside, I would have paid for a full day's track time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Don't know if you use your car daily or how long your commute is, but throw them on a week or two before your track date, and you should be good to go. Drive them hard a few times.

AD08s are awesome tires, I use to use the AD07s on my e46 M3.
Im gonna be using Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec on my Advan RS for track, little cheaper and came in the sizes I wanted.

Same plan I have.
They don't get much attention here, but other forums love them and my buddy's set still looks almost new after 4 days at the track.
What sizes are you running? I may end up with the Apex Arc8, so should be able to use the same sizes you're using.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0