04-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #63
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
Yes, it is the optimal method of heat cycling. You don't want to let the tires cool down after running on the track and then drive home. That will negate the heat cycle. Ideally, I would mount/dismount the tires at the track, but since I only live 30 minutes away via turnpike (so no stopping), I can drive on them. The idea behind heat cycling them by running on them is two-fold; first, you scrub off the resins left on the rubber when the tires are released from the mold (AKA releasing agent). Secondly, you bring them up to the exact temperature you want them to perform at. So, to go from ambient to hot-lap temp and then back to ambient is a perfect heat cycle. However, you should not use them again until AT LEAST 24 hours later. Hope this helps. I believe TireRack has more info on this subject on their website. They offer heat cycling service for r-comp tires, but their method isn't quite as effective, nor is it as much fun
Thanks for the info! I think I have a game plan now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
M3V8Driver,
Are you using the OEM wheel lugs on the Advans?
I forgot to ask what I should be using on mine.

I did a stud conversion with Kics Lugs, but lets see what M3V8Driver says.

GTS

Last edited by biglare; 04-28-2010 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0