Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
EDIT: my comments below may only apply to the "wrap" type of plan, I still can't figure out what the intended coverage is for a "comprehensive" plan though

Hey Chief, I looked at the sample contract you posted (thanks for that) and it looks like they measure the 5 years from your vehicles "in-service" date if you were between 12k and 50k miles when you purchased the warranty. Check out page 2 section (1)(a). You should have some kind of "expiration date" on the actual contract though and that will win out over this sample of course. Curious if you got 5 years from the warranty purchase or from "in-service".

I am looking at getting a USAA extension and thought I should have a look over this before purchasing. I am hoping for 5 actual years and it looks like that is the case if you have under 12k miles when you get the warranty.

Thanks for any more info you can provide.

Hi Mobbin,

I purchased my USAA/Assurant warranty on 12/5/11 for a period of 5 years. The warranty has an expiration date of 12/5/2016 or 75,000 total vehicle miles, whichever occurs first. Given how I drive, I expect to reach the expiration date before the mileage limit.

By the way, I did purchase the Comprehensive Protection Plan. Below is a copy of my actual schedule of coverage.

Chief
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Assurant Schedule of Coverage12-2011.pdf (1.38 MB, 2074 views)
Appreciate 0