View Single Post
      03-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Here is a better description/rant about the stock lens.

I think there is a problem with mine. Maybe you can let me know and see if I should send it to Canon:

When it is in AF mode it "hunts" for a focus pretty much all of the time and unless I focus on something in front of me (ie the ground or something) and then move it up it will just continue to hunt or I have to turn it to MF to actually take a picture.

It started happening when I'm close to an object but that's understandable and I would just switch it to MF or step further away.

Then it started happening in low light settings and I got pissed. I'd be in a parking lot with an ok amount of light trying to take a picture of a car. I'm on a tripod with like an 8" shutter and I KNOW it can take the picture but it just keeps hunting.

When I got really fed up is when I was on vacation and I wanted to take photos of the landscape. The mountains were too far away for it to see them I guess so anytime I wanted to take a photo I had to focus on the water, move the camera up, and then take a picture.

The last straw was when some guy volunteered to take a photo of my boyfriend and I and we were literally like 10 feet away from him, if that and it wouldn't focus and after several tries I told him to focus it on teh ground, then move the camera up and take the picture and it worked.

sadfgmd;nkghsfjgjhfdjdj

I had a guy at the lens shop look at it and he said my settings were normal and he didn't know why it was doing that.

What is going on??????

Last edited by Nikki; 03-24-2007 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0