View Single Post
      01-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #17
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
I am also in Houston and have been talking with dealers for about a week about getting on a list. Are you dealing with BMW of North Houston? If so, I thought I should mention that all of the dealers in town that I've spoken with, including North Houston, are telling me I only need to put down $1,000 to get on the list (fully refundable of course). I don't mean to start anything here, but I thought I'd at least let you know. Also, I personally might want to take my business elsewhere if this dealer is trying to take advantage of people.

It may not be as big a deal for you since your car will be here so soon, but I am looking at a sedan with DCT, so I may be waiting 6 months or more it looks like. I'd rather not put down more money than I have to.

Thanks and congrats on getting your order in.
Yeah. My sales guy originally told me $1000 too. But when we talked to the General Sales Manager he said $2500. The sales guy was from the used car side (hey, he's who I ran into first) and he apologized and said he didn't know. I asked the Sales Manager if the $2500 would be cashed and he said yes. I said I didn't agree with that and he said that's their way to ensure the customers were serious about the order and wouldn't go and plunk $1000 at 3-4 different dealers. (Though I guess they could go and drop $2500 at 3-4 different dealers.)
I actually got up and walked out because it bothered me that I was giving them an interest free loan. It wasn't a matter of the money it was the principle. But the sales guy got me to sit back down with the manager and the manager explained to me his side of things. And because I wanted the car pretty badly I relented.
When you talked to them and they said $1000 for being on the list, did that mean they would actually put you in their order system? Because mine is actually ordered and I'm not just on a list that they will call me later when somethings available.
Appreciate 0