11-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
BMW engineers and designers DO know best when it comes to designing and creating the cars we drive. Yea, certain aftermarket companies are able to improve upon stock components, but the improvement does not exist because BMW was not good at their job in the first place. There was room for improvement because BMW has cost constraints as well as the need to make a car that appeals to the masses. If they built an M3 that was more akin to the GT3RS vs a Carrera S, you'd have the masses complaining about a chattery clutch, unforgiving seats and suspension, fast wearing tires, no sound insulation, cheap door pulls etc.

I guarantee you that if you asked the BEST aftermarket tuners to get together and build a 430-450 hp M3 for the track and had BMW build their own, BMW would destroy the aftermarket tuners.

Obviously aftermarket brakes are way better than stock M3 brakes and an Akra exhaust is definitely higher quality and prettier than the stock M3. This isn't because BMW doesn't do it right. If BMW built every component to super high quality aftermarket spec, they'd be offering you an M3 that costs $110k.
Well, I was going to say something like this, but it was easier to just quote you. If only other things in life were this easy

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0