United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Hi All,
just finished my first Autocross in the M today. It was a blast. 8 practice runs, one with instructor driving and after that 3 timed runs. I did all my practice runs with DSC on and it was fun however the DCS kept me from accelerating out of turns, cutting the power whenever the back end slipped. On the timed runs I said, what the hell, and turned DSC off. My, what a difference and how much more fun it was. Definitely a lot more work for me to keep the car on track but so exhilarating. I'm kicking myself for doing those 7 practice runs with it on.
I went from 1.08 to 1.04 to 1.03 on the last run (but with 3 cone hits on last).
I didn't track my times on the practice laps but definitely much slower than that.

So much fun! I'm totally hooked.

I got a ton of compliments on the car. There were 2 E9x M3's, my E90 and another E93.

Sounds fun. Where did you do this? and how much did it cost? I'm up in Orange County and was looking for something like this.

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0